Friday, March 22, 2024

Growing in Unity - Day 5 Be Who You Want

 Okay…last day! Phew, what a watercolor week! Couldn’t finish the week out without another one! This time I used the Be Who You Want kit from Unity. I also used a couple other Unity papers for backing and framing from 2 different kits, Magnolia Dreams and Watercolor Stripes. Again, I think I stamped this one with a couple different oxides (they just blend and dissolve into the watercolors… you just need to make sure the ink color doesn’t change the tones you want). 




I thought I’d struggle watercoloring this one, but I had a lot of fun painting it! I think I did a little white gouache again to the centers. I completed this one by stamping and embossing one of the sentiments (which I cut down). I just added enamel dots to complete this one.

So, that’s it for my week… a lot of stamping, papering and watercoloring! Hope I showcased a lot of pretty Unity stamps for you and gave you some ideas for pairing papers and stamps! Have to say…Unity has a ton of both!

Remember to comment on this and the last 4 Growing in Unity blogs for a chance at winning Unity store credit! 

Thank you for stopping by and till next time, happy crafting!

51 comments:

  1. Dear Joyce,
    So beautiful!!! You you have given us such a lovely week of beautiful watercoloring married with the perfect papers. Thank you for delighting our eyes and inspiring us to create beauty!!❤️🌹❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, you've made another stunning card! This is really so beautiful. Thanks for showing us all week what you did and the reasons you did certain things. That's so very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so lovely and inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the text pattern in the BG and all that gorgeous pink going on in different shades. She's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful combo of papers and coloring, Joyce!!! I. LOVE. IT!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle Lorenz, btw

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much, Michelle

      Delete
  6. Love these gorgeous flowers! Beautiful card! Thanks for a great GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Joyce! I adore this one too! You make it so hard to pick a favorite! Love that you share your passion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Joyce for a great week of beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous card!!! What a fantastic week you've given us! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your no line watercoloring and the tip to stamp in distress ink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful week of beautiful cards. This one is especially lovely. Thank you for sharing your creativity. Your watercoloring is something else.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joyce, what a beautiful finale to your Unity week! Wow! This card is a true beauty. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us this week. Lisa Jones

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly left the best till last, this is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've learned many things reading your blogs this week - I'm not a huge oxide stamper and want to try that out. Loved watching you fearlessly use reds - one of the hardest colors to use. You are definitely an amazing artist and water colorist. Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh…thank you very much for the nice comments, Pam

      Delete
  16. Another gorgeous card! Not sure I'll ever try no line watercolor, but I certainly enjoy looking at yours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is ever so gorgeous as yesterday’s card. You have done a fantastic job showcasing stamps and paper pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! You make me wish I watercolored. Thank you for sharing your creativity this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great ending to your week. It has been a pleasure to look for your posts everyday. It was an awesome week! Thank you, Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Above comment is mine ❤️

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much, Cat

      Delete
  20. This is beautiful! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. Another gorgeous card! Thank you for all of your inspiration this week. I admire your work so much that I have gotten to where I can identify it even before I see your name! I just love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh… thank you very much, Robin

      Delete
  22. Such an amazing card...such a wonderful week of beauty and inspiration, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your coloring. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So pretty. Loved seeing your projects all week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all you've made for your unity week! Please show more of your cards on show and tell!!

    ReplyDelete