Monday, January 15, 2024

Valentine 1.0 - 4 Cards

 So, I’ve been on a Valentine’s Day kick, for some reason! Maybe, I needed a break from holiday cards or just needed another holiday to look forward to! (January is a bit of a downer!) Even thinking of baking some Valentine’s Day cookies! Whatever, but here’s hodgepodge of cards I can share that I’ve created over the last week! After pulling out my boxed up heart supplies and stamps, I just needed to play!

First off I started by taking a sheet of paper and cutting a couple hearts out of the center. I had some leftover glossy tissue paper from a craft store pancake that I used as the base for a shaker card. I diecut a couple other hearts I could use to frame the cutout hearts shape from scraps. I then used acetate and pretty crystals and hearts to create the shaker. I ended up using an old Stampin’ Up Sealed with a Kiss kit to create a little envelope and note. I die cut more hearts for embellishment and backed up the shaker with another patterned paper. I used an ephemera and Gina K kit for the besties sentiment. Finally added little sticky hearts to complete the card! Not my best, but shakers are fun!

For the next card, I decided to pull out an old BoBunny Sweetheart die and a Simon Says Stamp sentiment die. I used a shiny silver paper from a Recollections pack I just picked up to die cut pieces. I used an Altenew Dainty leaves die to cut out foliage sprays. I then cut down various papers from my stash and pulled the card together using lace, crystals and matching ribbon. I used a sentiment from a Simon Says stamp kit to complete the You Are phrase. Liked this one a little better!

Next, I pulled out a background I created last year using glimmer sprays and powders along with Simon Says Stamp Heart to Heart background stamp. I had white embossed the paper first before spraying water and using the powders and inks. Lovely background to use with this technique. I coupled it with a metal hearts embellishment I picked off an old card. I found a black paper from an older LDRS paper pack that I decided to use as the base and for a sentiment background. I used a Simon Says Stamp sentiment due and a glossy white paper to create the sentiment.  To complete the card, I added bunches of sequins! Made for a pretty card.

Finally, going vintage,  played around with Prima’s With Love paper collection. I cut out a base and another flower layer from the paper. I decided to pair it with another leftover stamped background I created using Unity’s Love Quilt. To match colors I ended up adding pink and mauve tones and spatters to it. I then pulled out Unity’s Poppy Impressions stamp set. I used the smaller flower image twice, once having stamped the base layer with a matching sand colored Memento ink, then pink embossing the outline. Then, the second time, I pink embossed the outline and used pink, gray and green Inktense pencils  to color in the image. I fussy cut both out. Then white embossed the sentiment on scrap paper and fussy cut that out. I used the tiny background stamp from the kit to add a little texture to the rose image and lower background paper. Finally, I distressed all layers, added a tie dyed pink fabric paper, rose ribbon, metal leaf and pink crystals to complete the card! Must admit, this one is my favorite, but then I’m a “vintag-y” gal!

If nothing else, they are all interesting to look at and were a lot of fun to play with! And, I got to use a lot of my old stash!

Hope these were inspiring for you! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. All so pretty but the vintage Prima card has me swooning 💕.

    ReplyDelete