Saturday, January 6, 2024

Friends of Unity January Blog Hop

 Happy New Year! Welcome back to another Friends of Unity Blog Hop! Starting off the new year with a new, to me, theme:

Guess it was time to bust out a few unused stamps sets and try them out for fun! Went a little vintage on these but had a great time pulling them together! Before I start, wanted to remind you that our blog hop contains giveaways from our personal stash! All you need to do to be eligible to win a prize is leave your name and a comment!

So, for the first card, I used a brand new stamp set called Stunner! I had to snicker at the snarky sentiments on this one! And, I remembered my snarky friend has a February birthday! I pulled out a pretty Ciao Bella Brocatto Estense paper pack I thought looked old fashioned enough for the image. I had a freebie paper I received from Unity with a postcard image on it that I used as a starting point for the stamp. I used pencils and a white pen to color it in. I stamped the sentiment on another paper from the pack. I then cut down papers from the pack for the background. I decided to use a leftover burlap stamped paper I had created previously. I inked all the edges, to distress them, before assembling the card. To embellish the card to match the image, I used Jane Davenport feather dies with colored papers and sparkly embossing powder. I also used a brad, pearls, Washi tape, a paper flower and blue thread. Can’t help laughing at what my friend’s reaction will be when she sees this!


For the next card, I pulled out an older stamp set, called Queen of the Universe! I used an old Kaisercraft paper pack I recently received in a mystery craft bag, called Cherry Tree Lane. I stamped the image and sentiment on one of the papers and proceeded to cut or tear down papers from the pack. I used a notebook die on the side. I paper pieced a blous on the image with another paper from the pack. I used pens to add color to the image. For embellishments on the one, I used lace and a fancy ribbon, another freebie flower embellishment from Unity, Washi tape, a Tim Holtz sentiment strip and pearls, again. Had to fussy cut some extra flowers as filler, but I like the soft look the flowers add.


Love Unity’s snarky and funny stamp sets…again there’s many to choose from! And these vintage type stamps, in particular, just resonate with me! Well, hope you enjoyed these ideas for using these stamps! Thanks for stopping by and remember to comment, with your name, for a chance at winning some Unity goodies from me! Now, on to the rest of the hop!

You may have arrived here from:


You can start at the top of the hop with:


17 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce. These are super fun creations. They made me smile. You have a way with richness and texture that is always so stunning. How unique and creative. Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Joyce, I just adore your cards! The vintage vibe and colors and the layers!! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the feel of both of these!. Certainly made me smile. I think vintage cards are extremely special to recieve because you tend to stare at all the wonderful textures and images and schmudges.. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards and
    lovely coloring.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome
    Karen adams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both so amazing!! The layering and details are stunning!
    Jenni Shamblin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that old lady! Too cute! Great cards! Meghan Kennihan meghan.kennihan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! These are fantastic. Love your vintage looks, the layers, details and stamps. Made me laugh out loud. Love these! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love all the layers and texture in your beautiful cards. The snarky sentiments are the best; I love snarky!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards and love the fun sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pieced blouse!! Goes perfectly with all your beautiful layers of paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Both cards are absolutely fabulous! LOVE them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely amazing cards. Love your style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards!! I love the neutral color palette of “Stunner” and I love the flowers on “Queen of the Universe “

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh Joyce, these sure are pretty. I love the subtle tones and your fussy cutting is always amazing. The layering gives your cards a bit of depth, dimension and detail.

    ReplyDelete