Friday, July 28, 2023

{BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party - Sheena Stamp

 Hey there, made my 3rd card on the fly for the Linky party!

I pulled out an already die cut sentiment and went from there to build a card around it … go figure! First, I grabbed a watercolor paper and used a magical powder on it, by spritzing the paper with water and sprinkling the powder on it. After drying it, I grabbed a Sheena stamp set I picked up in a craft magazine. I used Versafine inks in green and black on the house stamp set. Because the powder ended up green I decided I needed to paper piece the house part on the paper. 

To create the house part, I again used the stamp on Kraft paper and used pencils, pens and a white Posca pen to roughly add details and the impression of snow. I fussy cut the house parts out. I used pencils and the Posca pen to add more detail and color to the trees and shrubs. I found a chipboard piece I thought would go. I lightly used watercolors to darken the sky and ground areas, and added a few background trees. After adding twine, I used glue and glitter to add sparkle to the trees, snowy bits, sentiment and chipboard. I mounted the completed paper onto Kraft cardstock, and added coordinating sequins. For how quickly I pulled this together, I think it turned out fine.

Was interesting to see how green the background became. Thanks for stopping by - till next time, happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Joyce, this is so beautiful and amazing! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS card!!! LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is right! It's so beautiful. It also reminds me of the home my step-son just bought in Georgia!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning eye catching card. The "25th Dec " was a perfect addition

    ReplyDelete