Monday, February 20, 2023

Growing in Unity Week - Day 1

 Hey there! Welcome to my first day of my Growing in Unity (GIU) week! So excited to be participating this year! 

For my first card, I used a couple of Unity kits, Delightful Little Things and Everything is Wonderful. I also used pretty papers from Kaisercraft, called Greenhouse

I used watercolors, pencils and pens for the succulent image and fussy cut it out. I stamped and clear embossed the sentiment on another paper using a Momento ink and added soft watercolors to blend with the palette colors in the paper.



I created several card layers, distressing all the card edges. To finish the card I added enamel dots, a button and twine.

As usual, I love pretty patterned paper, soft colors, collage style cards... While this card fits my aesthetics, I know it’s not for everyone…it just gives me “feel good” vibes! Thanks for stopping by - remember to comment on this card and my cards for the rest of the week for a chance at Unity goodies! Be sure to leave your name!

Till tomorrow, happy crafting!


26 comments:

  1. I am excited that you are the GIU girl this week, Joyce. I love the way you put things together and they always make a new harmonious whole. Your card today is so soft pretty! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous!!! Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I'm so looking forward to your GIU week because I love your style so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pretty card! Great layering and embellishments to go along with the succulent image and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty! I love everything about this. The extra coloring you did on the sentiment is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I always love how you pair your pretty patterned paper layers and match your watercoloring to all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! The soft colors are peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card. The soft pastel colors are so nice. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the distressed look but never think to do it. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card Joyce, I love those colours

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your papers are absolutely beautiful!! And so soft. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always looking forward to the Little Things you do🐻

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! Love all your layers and color choices. Always nice to see watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love the soft pastel colors. Your style always makes me so happy to look at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^ sorry, this is Annie Sterner

      Delete
  16. Such a lovely card Joyce!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm such a fan of your cards Joyce with all of their layers, elements and interest! This one does not disappoint 👏

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is beautiful!! Love all of your cards! I had never seen these stamps before - they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your succulent plant could be real! it literally jumps off the page! love all of your distressed edges and yummy layers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the paper you used as well as the layers! Gorgeous card with your special touch. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought I posted but perhaps I submitted before I could add my name. I really like your card and especially the sentiment, so true!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous. Perfect coloring & I love all the layers & textures.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning!! I love how you used different mediums!! Von Marie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Seriously, your coloring is so amazing that it looks like pieces of ephemera! wow!

    -- Dalis

    ReplyDelete