Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Growing in Unity - Day 2

 Welcome back to my Growing in Unity Week! So, this card is a little more artsy and “angsty”… I do go on these tangents sometimes. I used Mend Your Heart, an old SMAK kit, Let Life Unfold, and Unity’s paper pack, Cozy Textiles. Love the fabric and sewing details in all of these items!

I started with the paper selections, and then coordinated colors from there. I used several browns to create the lace texture shadows… which is what is stamped. Isn’t that cool? I then stamped the needle on the lace and added stitches by pen. I die cut it and distressed the edges and middle seam.

I stamped the thimble using a combo of blue, brown and black to give it dimension. I then stamped the sentiment and fussy cut them both out. I backed the sentiment with more paper.

To pull the card together, I used a ribbon, a button, twine and enamel dots. Not a common card to use, but it’s there in my stash if needed. Unfortunately, we all face heartache at some point or another. Hopefully, this one acknowledges, commiserates, and reaches out to help.

Thanks for stopping by and remember to leave a comment for a chance at Unity goodies!

23 comments:

  1. Love this card! Yes, we sometimes need such a card in our stash...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is stunning. I love the techniques and materials that you used. I could have used a card like this 5 years ago when my daughter’s wedding was called off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Joyce! I am always captivated by your wonderful vintage style! That is a good idea for a sympathy card regardless of the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautifully designed and will be a special message for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great textures and sentiment on this card Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Great combination of all elements - paper, color, stamps, embelishments, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the textures on this card - real and imagined. Lovely composition and love the soft palette as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the designs! The lace and thimble are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the texture and dimension you've created. That lace just floats above it all. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous combinations of papers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You achieved such great depth with your lace and that thimble looks round! Pretty paper combo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sweet! love all the details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors you used. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous. I love the neutral colors & your coloring is perfection. That thimble actually looks real.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful!! Love the Thimble. Von Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. That stamp looks like the real thing, the textile is so perfect!

    -- Dalis

    ReplyDelete