Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Growing in Unity - Day 3

 Hey… happy Hump Day! On a side note…my last boss’s name was Mike, who was a very effective and productive leader, and who I really liked and highly respected. Every time I had an important or tense meeting on a Wed., I so wanted to say, “Hey, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, guess what day it is?”. 🤣 Sorry, I digress and had to chuckle… loved that commercial!

And no, this card has nothing to do with camels🤣. 

Instead, I used the beautiful Linen Flowers from Unity. Because the stamp lines were so delicate, I wanted to retain that look, but stamp using individual colors for each area. This reminded me of a class I took with AI (Art Impressions) stamps. And then I remembered, I still had those same 3 Tombow watercolor markers from that class from 4(?) years ago.

I pulled out a Canson watercolor paper and my Misti and proceeded to use the markers carefully on each bit of the stamp. I’d color a few leaves, then stamp, then repeat. Then move onto the next section when I was happy. I didn’t bother with misting the stamp pad with water, as I didn’t want to dilute the colors.

When finished, I first used a delicate brush to pull colors from the outlines slightly through the petal or leaf. As the markers were water based, this was easy to do. Then, I added a touch more color using my watercolors (green and yellow). After die cutting the paper, I found coordinating paper for the background, embossed the sentiment from the stamp set, and added crystals. And (jaw drop time) I realized after assembling, I had created a CAS card, oh my!

Loved how this one turned out! 

Remember to leave comments on each day (be sure your name is included) for a chance at winning one of 2 $20 gift cards!

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy Hump day yourself!

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE the delicate feel of this card, Joyce! Beautiful colors were used as well. Kathy Sheely

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! so soft and delicate but the colors are amazing!! Trying this technique!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft, Delicate, Gorgeous, Tender, Beautiful and of course Wonderful.
    Your gift is such a gift to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! I still color directly on stamps from time to time. Glad to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So delicate and lovely, like something on good chinaware.💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the way you colored the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! So soft & delicate looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is amazing Joyce!!!! I definately need to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it looks like you could smell those flowers they look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so sweet. I must try this technique again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful coloring, Joyce. Looks like a painting to me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card! I love using Art Impressions stamps but haven't used watercolor markers on other brands of rubber stamps. Thanks for sharing this fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I WILL be trying this! So beautiful Joyce♥️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great technique! Lovely card...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really beautiful results. Thanks for the technique explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is absolutely beautiful!! I had not thought of that technique in a long time, either!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty. I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't done this technique in a while, need to try it again! -- Dalis

    ReplyDelete