Thursday, February 23, 2023

Growing in Unity - Day 4

 Okay, I’ve reverted back to a more vintage style, because, let’s just face it, I get bored doing the same style twice! (I think that’s why I gravitated toward management in IT… never a dull moment and the constant change in technology.) So, the stamp sets I used this time were: Soul MailFrench Kiss Life and Let it Go and Focus.

I started with the paper pictured in the photo. I used 4 different tan/rust colored oxide inks to stamp around the ends. I also stamped a few green dots.I then stamped the vase and used a combo of watercolors, pencils and pens to color in the vase. I wanted to match the old Bo Bunny paper I’d use as a background, called Love Lace, that I had in my stash.


I liked adding the rose stamp from French kiss around the paper to match the rose in the vase. I then decided to add interest with a frame around the rose. I embossed the chipboard twice, first with Rusty Hinge and then with Aged Ivory. I attached it to the paper with Aleene’s strong tacky glue. I distressed all the papers. As I was looking for another embellishment, I realized I had some ephemera from that paper pack. I cut a tag down and added the matching patterned chipboard button with twine to the corner. Finally, I embossed the sentiment, backed that, and called it done. Again, I know, not everyone’s style, but I’m a vintage fan!

Remember to leave a comment with your name on every day’s post this week for a chance at 1 of the 2 $20 gift cards (credit), Unity Stamp Co. is offering! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

19 comments:

  1. I so admire your exquisite vintage style. This is so satisfyingly lovely!!!💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at layering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! Love the layers and that frame really pops without taking away from the style and colors. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love me some vintage! This is beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a vintage fan too Joyce, and this one ticks all the boxes

    ReplyDelete
  6. This such a beautiful combo of elements & techniques! Love the look you achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even tell that you colored anything - it all meshes so perfectly!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. I love the framing of the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors, images, layers and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! When I think of you, this is the style I see! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, another beautiful and interesting creation. I just love all of the elements you always use. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of pretty elements! Love the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are great at selecting paper choices. Your card is beautiful!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are really good at vintage! I am not so much!! I

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous. I love the spotlight frame & that beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your design for this card!! Von Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the color you used for the vase!

    -- Dalis

    ReplyDelete