Thursday, October 27, 2022

Falling for the Holidays - a Christmas Flower

  Okay, okay… getting near the end of the Falling for the Holidays 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

Today, I pulled 2 stamps from another vendor (or 2) out of a hat, or really, out of my stash… Picket Fence’s A Christmas Flower and a Unity sentiment. I really want to go back and paint this one when I have more time! I wanted to use this pretty paper I’ve had in my stash for a while now… somehow I think it’s from DCWV. This card was pretty simple to create, although I fussed a bit with different options. Finally, I ended up silver embossing the image twice, once on gray card stock and once on white card stock. I then fussy cut the top leaves and attached it to the gray flower with foam tape. I used a gold paper to embellish the top layer and added the embossed sentiment on red scrap paper. Both papers have metallic shine to them so it was important to have the flower stand out. I added crystals and gold thread as well.


It’s a very pretty stamp and I would like to go back and paint this one next time.

 Join in the fun and link up some pretty holiday cards… and check out all the beauties already submitted! Remember, the Falling for the Holidays 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party also has a great list of sponsors and giveaways. See rules in the attached blog post!

Thanks for stopping by… till next time, happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Love the poinsettia and the sparkle! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poinsettia is just beautifil & elegant with the embossing. And that paper really is so pretty & pairs with it so perfectly. Of course I love everything about this beuty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is so beautiful, Joyce! I love the layers in the poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete