Sunday, September 11, 2022

Quick Anniversary Card

 Hello again! Just here to show how I put together this card using an old fall based Bo Bunny paper pad, Farmer’s Market, Unity’s Thankful Oak kit and a Couture Creations Celebrate die. I needed a card today to celebrate my kids’ anniversary!

First I identified the papers I wanted to use and pulled out a Sketchbox watercolor pad (another subscription that was fun for while). This paper is not that great for detailed watercolors… but okay for cards. I stamped and clear embossed the image using Gathered Twigs Oxide ink. I then quickly watercolored in the image matching colors to the papers, smoothed it over with a bit of gold colored pencil, and added gold, white and black Posca pen marks. It’s a bit of a mess, as I said I did this quickly, but I think one knows it’s a twig with leaves. 

I die cut the image and background paper and cut the other patterned paper to fit an A6 card. I then stamped a sentiment from another Unity kit, and die cut the Celebrate word a couple times. I pulled the whole card together and added buttons to match the background paper, for embellishment.

It’s funny… you might wonder why I didn’t spend hours on this… well, kids today are not that into cards. At least mine aren’t! So, given time is priceless, I say, know your audience and match your effort to that reality 😂!

Well, until next time, happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty impressive card for something you say was thrown together. Always enjoy seeing your gift for creating cards that are so eye appealing.

    ReplyDelete