Saturday, September 3, 2022

Friends of Unity September Blog Hop

 Hello friends. Oh, it’s so good to be back and feeling crafty! Enjoyed a marvelous European trip where my husband and I visited 5 countries! So refreshed. We thoroughly enjoyed the countryside, the cities and rich history that you can’t help but stumble upon every step! But, I’m back and ready for this month’s hop theme… 


As a reminder, we do giveaways, so be sure to comment on every blog in the hop! And this month, I’ll be doing a giveaway! So, check back next month to see if you are a winner!

I had a lot of fun using my favorite techniques this month, starting off with a mixed media collage and the Revive kit! I started with a mixed media paper and started “collaging” onto it pieces of paper and vellum. I added splatters, Nuvo pigments, pencil marks, white gesso, and acrylic paint. I love this technique as I can just play and relax while doing it.


I then stamped the image onto the dried paper and die cut it. I colored in sections of the image with metallic paint. I then restamped the coffee cup, colored it with metallic pen and fussy cut it out. I die cut 2 Tim Holtz coffee spatters to use as the base of the cup and rounded the cup so it’s raised. After inking the edges,  I added a blue butterfly, twine and black enamel dots to complete the card. I used part of one of the sentiments and another sentiment from a new snarky Unity Kit.

For the next card, I used beautiful Unity paper from Coffee Lovers and the Coffee Lovers stamp kit. Had fun watercoloring the image to match the papers and fussy cutting the donuts out! This card was really easy to create… but the colors of that paper… oh, my, are just awesome!

Finally, last but not least, another favorite technique… colored pencil coloring! This time, I paired One Sip at a Time with a Mintay paper pack, Homemade. I tried something new this time - I used a blue toned drawing paper. Must say, I think it worked out pretty good. I stamped the image with Hero Arts white ink, so that I could see it. What’s kind of fun is, I used a metallic pencil for the cup sleeve, so it stands out. I stamped the sentiment on an image from the pad. Because the image and paper are so pretty, I just embellished them with a pink and a blue ribbon.




Well, hope you enjoyed these cards and find inspiration in the ideas used! I so loved finally using these stamps for a coffee themed event!

Now on to Alaine’s post… ps… don’t forget to leave a comment!

Alaine’s blog

Or, you can start at the beginning, with 

Crystal’s blog

Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. Amazing cards, Joyce! I'm so glad to have you back and so happy that you had a wonderful vacation! Your first card is drop dead gorgeous! Wow!! The details are amazing! Your second card is wonderful... love how you used the paper as accents! And your last card... another WOW!! All so AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, these are all so gorgeous! such detail and depth in each! so amazing!
    Jenni S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talent is exceptional, Joyce!! Each one as spectacular as the previous! I just can't get the hang of colored pencil coloring, but oh how yours inspires me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular card designs, so much gorgeous eye candy on each card! Fab combo of elements and layering and I adore the teals and browns on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I would love to see a video on that collage vellum technique, gorgeous, looks like a great way to use those pretty scraps that I just dont want to part with. The sentiments are really fun and that Be Happy card is by far my favorite. The colors are wonderful, love the whole design of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a pleasureʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow! Absolutely yummy and delicious - every single, beautiful card, Joyce. I always love your art. The BG of the first card is really amazing and just screams 'coffee'!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa!! Such amazing work! I'm always blown away by your cards
    Welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the vintage feel... all the papers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! As always, your cards are simply breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the revive card and the mixed media style. You are so amazing with all these techniques on this card. I love the black enamel dots! The way you colored the next two cards are so professional I thought it was pattern paper. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous cards!
    Love them all
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just gorgeous cards! I love them all! You used a lot of great techniques too. Very creative! Thanks for sharing them and your process.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are amazing, love them all!
    Aurora Loaiza

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your pretty mixed media cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty layering and color combos! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amber - Forever Amber's ArtSeptember 12, 2022 at 3:53 AM

    I just love what you created for this Hop! Mixed media is always so fun! I need to find a way to use scraps and you gave me a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You haven't lost your touch! Glad you're back creating!

    ReplyDelete