Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Story Writing Card

 Oh my, I’m so out of practice! Now that the weather is finally cooling down in California, I decided I needed to get back to crafting! And today was a lesson that while practice may make perfect, lack thereof, is guaranteed to result in something else altogether! 🤣

So, today, I decided to pull out some of my fall patterned papers. One of the pads, Mintay’s Fall Festival, has very muted colors perfect to create a masculine card. I then searched thru some of my newer kits and found Our Blooming Story. I stamped the image on sketch paper using Acorn Archival ink. I then pulled out my Prismacolor pencils and matching colors and filled in the image. I ended up using and couple pencils as well. This stamp is beautiful and I certainly didn’t do it justice, but after playing around a long time I called it done. Couple lessons, the sketch paper wasn’t that great a quality and pencils are not great at detailed images. I did splatter some acrylic paint as well onto the image which was also a no no as it blurred the image too much. All good lessons to take into the next project!

I had some Tim Holtz chipboard windows lying around and one particularly caught my eye. I decided to couple it with the image. I stamped the sentiment on paper from the pad. I used an A6 card base and added ribbon, flowers and sequins for embellishments.


Glad I spent the time on this card trying to build back skills and knowledge. As usual, my cards are the farthest from CAS as one can get. So enjoy the layers!

Well, till next time, happy crafting!


1 comment:

  1. WOW! So easy on the eyes.
    Always looking forward to seeing your creations.🐻

    ReplyDelete