Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Gears and Tools Card

 Well, now that I’ve mostly organized my craft room and found a bunch of magazine kits, I’ve decided I need to “shop my stash” and try to use some of them. So, here’s my first card. I’ve long discarded the magazine, but here’s a picture of the set… btw, I have no idea which companies (magazine and craft supplies) produced it!



I started by pulling out a wood patterned paper from an old industrial looking paper pad and embossed the texture into it. I then rubbed a Nuvo cream colored paste onto the top of the paper to enhance the look. I stamped the wood panel stamp 3 times using a combo of Gina K inks onto ivory colored paper. Luckily, I managed to line up the images fairly well by sight using my Misti! I stamped the sentiment in between wood panel images. I added nail heads with white embossing powder using the kit image, and then, paint spatter images using both the Gina K color ink and an old VersaMark chalk ink in teal.

I pulled out an old Handy Man die set and cut up a set of black tools and I used one of the gray papers from the pad for the second set. I also cut up some gears the same way using the die set from the kit. I glued them together. I added white pen and brown pencil to add dimension to the die cuts and painted a little of the teal color on top.

Finally, I stamped and colored the stop watch image using pencils and the chalk ink and attached that and square silver stick ons and an old nail stick onto the card. I backed the embossed paper with a wood textured paper I had from an old ArtC ephemera pack and called this card done!



Hope this card provided a little inspiration for you to shop your stash as well! And, I hope my son likes his birthday card! Till next time, happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment