Saturday, May 1, 2021

Friends of Unity May Blog Hop

Hey, everyone, welcome back to another blog hop with Friends of Unity. This month our theme is Flora and Fauna! Please join in the hop for a chance at winning Unity stamps. Remember to comment on each blog in the hop! As a matter of fact, I’ll be giving away some stamps this month!


I ended up choosing stamps that were more conducive to creating scenes. Since I prefer flora over fauna, I first started with the April Whit Kit, Kindness is Magic. I ended up using the stamp set, paper and Nuvo drops from the kit. I started by stamping the image in grey archival ink. I used several Distress Oxides and a Memento ink to color in the image. I also used a variety of pens on this one focusing on creating a color palette that matched the paper. When I was done, I added Nuvo drops all over and ended up sprinkling aqua sprinkles all over the dots. I backed the image with papers from the pack and called it done.




The second card I created after swimming in my son’s pool... a little cold but refreshing. Looking up from
the pool there’s palm trees in view. So, ready for warmer weather and swimming again, I couldn’t resist pulling this card together. I pulled out the Time to Refresh kit and thought it would go beautifully with Mintay’s beautiful Suntastic paper. I stamped the flower and leaf twice on watercolor paper and painted them with my watercolors. For final touches I used a pen and some colored pencils. I fussy cut them out. I then took the beautiful ocean paper and die cut it down. I embossed the sentiment using archival ink and Speckled Egg Embossing Glaze. I them stamped the frond several times directly onto the paper. I adhered all the pieces, using another 2 papers from the kit for backing and added some Nuvo drops. 

  


Hope you enjoyed my flora cards. Remember to comment before you leave! Now on to the rest of this fun hop with my crafty friends! You should have arrived here from:

Rachel’s blog

To continue, head to:

Amber’s blog

Or, if you’d like, head to the beginning:

Crystal’s blog

25 comments:

  1. I love both amazing cards! Your use of paper and matching your image with the same colors is wonderful. The first card is a work of art with the detailed coloring. It shows so much dimension. I am excited to try putting sprinkles on the nuvo drops. I love the extra sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and
    I love the second one
    with the lovely background!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Joyce, the second one is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  4. First glance loved the hose very much, but in came the ocean. WOW. I was hoping that ocean was watercolored and you had a video how to get that effect. Then hey, easier yet.. super cool papers! I love this palm card. It is stunning, eye catching and darn right be.u.ti.ful!!!, the watercoloring on the frond and flower is gorgeous!
    Happy Birthday Unity🎈

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cards, Joyce! I love that we both used the April Whit Kit... and of course, they are so different... I absolutely love your card!! Your coloring always amazes me! Wow wow wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love your amazing cards. The coloring is so pretty as well as the actual colors you used. The 2nd one reminds me of South Florida. The colors, the hibiscus, the beach. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are amazing but your second one is my favorite. Makes me wish I was on an island somewhere on a Beach enjoying the Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce your cards are STUNNING!!! I need to get my hands on that patterned paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous cards, Joyce!
    Both are equally amazing! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to ink up that Whit Kit stamp that you used in the first card. Your coloring really makes it pop! That 2nd card is so very beautiful too. I like your use of all of those coordinating papers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, two very different styles but both are just gorgeous. I love the charming little floral teapot. It has the feel of a fairy garden tucked in an out of the way spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards! I really love that sweet teapot house and the way you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful cards Joyce! Glad you're enjoying the spring sunshine!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both the cards are amazing, but I am partial to the second one

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love looking be love your hibiscus card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was suppose to say I Love Love Love your hibiscus card! Beautiful!

      Delete
  16. Oh my gosh, these are awesome!! I love the magical garden card, and that tropical one has me dreaming of Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both floral cards are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Two gorgeous cards. Love those colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joyce, your cards are always stunning! And I would love to see your patterned paper collection - you always have just the right paper to put your images over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards. Love your pretty papers, colors, designs, details, and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete