Sunday, April 11, 2021

Let Beauty Find Its Way Card

So, I was supposed to be cleaning up and I spotted this window ephemera piece in a Kaisercraft ephemera kit, that I obviously hadn’t put away (and still haven’t because instead I created this card). And I was driven to pair it with a standing Unity girl stamp, which I found in the Erica Girl kit. And then, I was driven to find paper I could pair it all with, which I found lying around and not put away either... My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found Market Street. Some may call this serendipitous and others just a fun excuse not to clean up. I’ll say nothing!

After looking at the pad and window and stamp, I realized I’d be paper piecing her outfit again. So I found multiple papers I could use, and began it all by stamping the girl on the first pink sheet that I thought could make a wall. Keeping everything in place in my Misti, I then decided where to adhere the window, affixed it, and then stamped the girl again, now focusing ink on the window. I decided I wanted to add another piece of paper where the wall and ground meet, found a neutral piece in the pad, adhered it and stamped again focusing on the feet. Once done, I pulled the paper base out of my Misti.

Next I stamped the bag, the pants, the coat and shirt on different papers and fussy cut them out. I stamped  the bag again on Bristol and red paper pieces to embellish the bag a little and fussy cut those out. Next I stamped the human parts of the girl on Bristol paper and used colored watercolor pencils on all parts and black pen on the hair.

I used watercolor pencils to color the flowers and leaves on the background. To blend everything together I added dots on the background for shading similar to the stamp shading using a black pen. I also adding shading using a green and a blue watercolor pencil around the girl and window. To make the flower centers and buttons pop, I used a white gel pen.

To complete the card, I stamped the sentiment from the kit and fussy cut out 2 portions. I backed each part with ephemera from the same kit as the window. I used another paper from the pad as a first layer, added a white ribbon and matching enamel dots to complete the card.



Overall, I had great fun putting this together... so much more fun than cleaning, and I think it turned out pretty cute. I also have the perfect person in mind for this card. Let me know what you think... till next time, happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I love it, and definitely understand being distracted while cleaning. So many steps, and I understand that too. Your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete