Friday, February 19, 2021

Growing in Unity - Final Day

Can’t believe it’s finally here. I had so much fun creating new cards this week! However, I am getting tired, so, I’ll be taking a bit of a break. Remember to comment on each blog this week for a chance at winning some Unity stamps! 

I started this card by watercoloring the image from Abundant Blessings, after doing my usual light ink on watercolor paper.


Once dried, I turned to my Prismacolor pencils and Staedtler pens to add more vibrant colors, still keeping to rust colored theme. I also used my Posca pen. I decided to try to make and offset a frame. After various attempts at paper alternatives, I turned to Washi tape. 

I pulled out my beautiful Stamperia Time is an Illusion paper that matched beautifully with the colors I used. I then found a scrap patterned paper from Graphic 45 (this week has been useful using up some paper scraps 😀), I could use for backing the various pieces. 

I found a sentiment that matched my mood today from a SMAK kit, Let Life Unfold from 9/18. I pulled out another white scrap paper and painted it using the same tones in the painting. I pulled out some other random Unity stamps and lightly stamped the paper. I then stamped the sentiment in both Speckled Egg and Mermaid Lagoon Oxide inks and embossed it using Speckled Egg embossing powder.

I used a cream colored A7 sized card base, assembled the pieces, added enamel dots and string, and called the card done.


This one turned out darker than my others, but I think it’s a reflection on the long week... after all..it’s Friday! Well, thank you for stopping by and for all the lovely complements. I so appreciate the feedback! Till next time, happy crafting!

26 comments:

  1. You do have a gift for colors.
    Thank You for all your sharing and rest up. Til next time 🙋‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... another gorgeous card! Your watercoloring and color combinations are absolutely amazing! You've given me so much inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, thanks for sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, so beautiful!!!
    Thank your a week full of inspiration! Loved all your cards, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, gorgeous! Love your colors. The layers....lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card. Love all the layers, both in your painting and coloring as well as in your paper choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the darker tones of this card, I do like a rust - blue combination. Great week, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! As said before, I love your work!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so stunning! I just love everything about this card; the colors, texture, everything!! Your coloring is really inspiring. Thanks for the great week - now get some rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way this one turned out! Beautiful, rich colors! Thanks for a great GIU week. I've enjoyed all of the projects you shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful and you spend so much time on your projects. Great week and you deserve some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous card! That patterned paper is so beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are going out with a bang! So very pretty. Thank you for sharing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love the colors and your use of the washi tape that doesn't look like washi tape. Thank you for sharing your creativity this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great week of beautiful creations! I love the rust and teal combination. You are so talented and I always love your cards. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rich, vibrant colors. Love this card. You are so creative & I thoroughly enjoyed your week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work on this card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You eye for details is amazing! Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The rusts and teals go so beautifully together! No one pulls together a masterpiece like you Joyce! What a fabulous week! Thanks for sharing your amazing creations!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  20. You finished the week with another amazing creation. I am in awe of your coloring with watercolors and also pencils. I don't think I have ever thought about using both on the same card. Thank you for sharing so many wonderful ideas this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful! I have really enjoyed your week! It has given me great inspiration, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Simply gorgeous!! Love everything you do, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just stunning! I love all of your creations Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have done it again! Perfect papers and colors! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete