Thursday, February 18, 2021

Growing in Unity - Day 4

Welcome back to another GIU day. Today, I needed to take a break from intricate watercoloring, because I took advantage of a notice I got this morning to get my first Covid 19 vaccine in a fairground 15 minutes away. I just couldn’t pass it up! So I cancelled my other appointment and spent early afternoon there! 

So today, I am sharing the Valentine I’ve yet to give my 2 year old grandson! I was inspired by several of my talented friends in the Friends of Unity blogging group. I used the cute bunny from Unity’s sentiment kit, Bunny - Keep You Forever, from March 2017. I also used a variety of papers on this card, including magazine paper. 

I stamped and embossed the image twice on mint and pink patterned magazine paper. I then fussy cut out all the pieces, glued pink elements on and then used a knife to cut out middle spaces.

I took Bristol paper and the cute image from Heart Strings and embossed the image. I watercolored the hearts with coordinating colors and added a light paint spatter. I die cut the paper and affixed the bunny.

I then found 2 sheets of patterned paper for the background and cut them down. I found fussy ribbon and cut out a sentiment and added both at the top of the card. Finally, I found some matching heart embellishments to finish the card.


Hope you didn’t mind my sharing about the vaccine, but the good news is they are coming your way, and I can attest to a pretty efficient process already! So, take heart!

Hope you can make it back tomorrow for my last day! Till then, happy crafting!

29 comments:

  1. Very cute and special valentines card for your grandson .🥰
    Congrats on your vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Loved the entire design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love to fussy cut and enjoy seeing what everyone does. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect Valentine for your grandson! Hope you get to see him soon!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet valentine for your grandson. I love the paper-pieced bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card!! Love how you paper pieced it!!
    And yay for the vaccin!! I hope we get it in May as far as we know now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooooo cute! Love that bunny and your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! This is such an adorable card for your grandson. I love all the details that make it just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you were able to get the vaccine. I get my second one on 3/8. This card is absolutely adorable. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very cute! And congrats on the vaccine! I have gotten the first and will get 2nd on 3/6!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very sweet card Joyce, our vaccines have just arrived in the country, so don't know when we will get ours

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling card! I love it. It would make a sweet Easter card, too! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card! I love the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bunny card is adorable and I am loving the paper piecing technique. Your grandson will love it! I enjoy looking at every detail on your cards. Congratulations on getting the vaccine, it is something to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I forgot about the hop, but as I said I absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really pretty and quite precious. Love the bunny in the polka dot paper. And the BG paper as well as the cute pom pom fringe adds that special finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card! You paper piercing is amazing! Congrats on the vaccine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really sweet card with this cute bunny! Love the papers!
    Yay for getting your 1st of the COVID vaccinations. Not sure yet when it will be available in my neck of the woods, but I am hoping by May I will be eligible and they will have a supply available.

    ReplyDelete
  19. AWWWWWWWWW I think this card has got to be my favorite thus far for your week of card creations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so sweet. I love the paper pieced rabbit. Adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute! We don't mind you sharing one bit! Be safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute. This bunny and the lamb from another sentiment kit are so fun to paper piece.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute idea. I love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like your shift in direction today from all of your very talented painting to this beautifully done paper piecing card. The hearts and the bunny go so well together.

    ReplyDelete