Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Your Heart and My Heart Tag

 Started this one before my Growing in Unity week and finally finished it. Well, I used quite a few products on this one! First off, the Unity kits used were: VibesBe My Bird, the 4/17 KOM, Sentimental Journey, the 5/16 SMAK, Hello It’s MeYour Heart and My Heart, and, finally, Anything is Possible from 1/21 Whit Kit. The media used were: acrylic paints, Primary Elements pigments, Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical pigments, bird ephemera, Prima Metallics watercolors, Gansai Tambi watercolors, Stazon inks, Stabilo black pencil, texture paste, Nuvo Mousse, gel pens, white Posca pen, TCW stencil, Brutus Monroe stencil, brayer, spatula, and ribbons.

Since it was a while ago, I can recall I started by brayering on mostly white and red acrylics, with a little blue added in, onto a tag. Then adding the pigment powders in red/magenta/purple to give it depth of color and shimmer. Once dried, I mixed blue acrylic into texture paste and added large hearts to the tag. I then used a sponge with red paint to add visual texture with a TCW stencil. I used the pencil to highlight both. I finally added stamped bricks and painted them with the acrylics.

I took another sheet of mixed media paper and used the pigment powders to create a shimmery red paper. I then stamped all the hearts on it and fussy cut them out. I used the watercolors to add color dimension to the hearts and the white Posca pen on the large heart.

I used plain matching blue paper for the sentiment and a silvery pen to outline the letters. I fussy cut the birds and added metallic coloring, and used foam dots to adhere it to the large heart.


So, there were plenty of missteps in here, which, luckily, with mixed media can be somewhat corrected. But I really like how this one turned out... it’s dramatic, love the color scheme, and totally different from other tags I’ve created. 


Well, that’s it, on this one. Be back again today, on another watercolored card. Happy crafting!

1 comment: