Monday, November 2, 2020

October ATC’s with Unity Stamps

Used some new techniques in the creation of these 2 ATC’s. With the first one, I actually had started by playing with a stencil after watching a Vicki Boutin video... and I do mean playing. Had no intention of using the results. I pulled out my VB crayons, scratched them on a craft mat, sprayed with a little water and used a big brush to flush out a flower stencil. I then flipped the stencil over. After pulling out another black crayon, scratching it on the mat, and spritzing it, I then used a brayer to lay that color onto the stencil and reapplied over the already printed image... therefore filling in the empty spaces. Didn’t turn out great, but interesting effect! 

 

I tried fixing it and then, just before I scrapped it, I cut it up for ATC’s. I then took a black pen and some pastels and added striped tendons and brightened the colors. Thought they may make good backgrounds for Halloween ATCs. I stamped the hat from Unity’s Halloween Chatter and fussy cut them out. I stamped the sentiment onto gold foiled patterned paper. And I added fussy cut cards, an ephemera piece (varied), part of a silver web doily and ephemera sticky’s to decorate the hat. Finished off by blackening the edges and adding sparkly purple crystals! Perfectly grungy!



The second set of ATC’s were created using 3 unity kits, Everything is Up to You, for the leaves, Letting Go, for the sentiment and splotch, and Count Your Blessings for a yellow frond. I started by stamping and embossing the leaves with Ranger brown powder all over an 8.5x11” paper. I then stamped the orange splotch all over. Finally, added the yellow frond. I cut them up and loosely added water to the flowers and carefully sprinkled Primary Elements Spiced Pumpkin to the leaves and painted on a little black! Made them quite sparkly! Embossed the sentiment with copper powder, added Nuvo drops, Unity patterned paper backing and some copper colored mesh and called those done!


Always have fun playing with these! Till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment