Thursday, October 29, 2020

A SMAK Tag



 Had some difficulties with this one, but I think it captures the mood I wanted! I started off just wanting to use the snowflakes and wood grain from October’s SMAK Kit, The Best Memories. Ended up using one snowflake, the wood grain and the sentiment and house from the All Kinds of Holiday Lov KOM 9/19 Kit!

So I started by spraying a paper with oxide sprays In Iced Spruce and Specked Egg. I then added with my finger, a stiff brush and some water, a brown acrylic. I then stamped the wood grain all over the paper. I pulled out a gray Freebie tag from Unity, and tore up and collaged the paper onto the tag. I then added some other cut up pieces of paper as well. Finally, I gessoed over the top of that and messed up of the inked wood grain. So I restamped those. Then I tried adding tree stamped images using a variety of inks and embossing powders and created the mess at the top right side. I then tried to emboss the detailed circle snowflake from this month’s kit and used a very sparkling, not fine enough embossing powder and created the circle mess at the bottom left.

I was ready to ditch the whole thing but I really loved the colors and the wood grain and the solid heft of the tag. So, I decided to capitalize on my messes. I pulled out the cabin and stamped and white embossed that on  patterned paper that matched the colors of the tag. I colored in the roof and sides with brush ink pens and added more snow with a white pen and fussy cut it out.

I then stamped the smallest snowflake on the same paper and fussy cut that out! Then I used 2 stencils, first to add snowflakes with one with a texture paste. I added a little sparkly embossing powder on top and heat set those. Then, I used a crackle stencil and tried to create smoke clouds from the chimney in the cabin.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment and added my own snowy look to the sentiment with a gel pen. I glued everything on, tried to make cabin blend in by extending snowy ground and added white dots all over. I finished off the tag with ribbons and called it good enough!



Well, I think I ended up creating a somewhat cohesive look from a mess! Let me know what you think! Now on to my next endeavor! Happy crafting till next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment