Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Funky Pandemic Tag

Used Unity’s August SMAK kit, You Are My People, to create this artsy funky tag. I used a variety of products to create it: Brea Reese acrylic paint, Montmartre glossy acrylic paint, Art Alchemy metallic paint, 3 Tim Holtz stencils (plus another random stencil), Gansai Kuretake watercolors, 2 Washi tapes, glitter inks, ribbons, and a pen.

I started by laying down the colors and using the stencils to create a design. I then emphasized the stencil marks with pencil and started stamping. I ended up restamping both the center image and the main sentiment onto separate paper, adding color, fussy cutting them out and adding them toward the end. Must admit, I changed my mind several times in creating this one, thus adding several layers.

I have a full house right now, with my son and his family, their additional 5 animals and all their furniture and belongings, staying with me. I’m so thrilled they’re here and enjoying the brief time I’ll have with them while selling their current place and buying a new house! Especially my grandbaby... and during the pandemic and the Cali fire incidents going on right now! My husband is still on the other side of the country and hasn’t been back since the pandemic started. He and I are both at that age where we don’t want to risk travel and socialization, so this has been a godsend! What a change company can make to your mental state! Anyway, I’ll be keeping this one as a reminder if this time! 

Hope you are all staying safe and sane... happy crafting till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment