Tuesday, September 1, 2020

July ATC Set

Had fun last month experimenting with a mixed media ATC using inspiration from the Somerset Studio Summer 2020 magazine edition. Collaged patterned paper from multiple sources onto mixed media paper using gel medium. I then added acrylic paint using a roller and my fingers. Once dried, I cut the paper down to ATC size and started adding Unity stamps from a variety of KOMs and SMAK kits! Here’s the start of my efforts!








Next, I stamped the small flower cluster from another Unity Kit onto separate paper and loosely watercolored them. I then tried to differentiate the background ATC with different layers using colored pastes, stencils, different inks and stamp patterns. I used a ton of products on this ATC experimenting with what worked and what didn’t. Again, I love that my crafty friends enjoy receiving all kinds of ATC’s, including some of my failures... all with the best intentions of encouraging creativity! I consider this set an okay attempt... A for color matching, B for effort and C/D for overall effect. 


I decided to share this effort, as I think it could serve as encouragement for trying something new and taking a chance, gathering inspiration from great artists, like, in this case, Laly Mille, and persevering despite so so results. Every opportunity to try something new is a learning experience!


So, with that, I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new to you... a technique, an art medium, or design construct, be it mixed media, vintage, CAS, whatever... Just go with it! Till next time, happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment