Saturday, May 16, 2020

Such a Great Guy Gift Card Holder

Had a lot of fun today creating this card/gift card holder using Unity’s May 2020 SMAK kit, Radiate Joy, for my hubby! Because I’m usually challenged matching golds and greens, I decided to make all my images and backgrounds using the Versa Fine Clair, Shady Lane ink, Brutus Monroe Gilded Embossing Powder, and an ArtC metallic Gold ink.

I started by stamping the plaid image using the green ink on the top right of a cut down paper and then turning the image and stamping it again. I clear embossed the 2 images. I then stamped the ink pad on my mat, sprayed with water and a Perfect Pearls water mixture and dipped the unstamped parts of the paper into it. I spattered the gold metallic ink on those areas. I then stamped and gold embossed the scratched image on top on both corners. I painted the gold ink into the unstamped parts of the plaid. I then used a die cut on that paper.

Next, I stamped the green ink over the area the car stamp would use and clear embossed it. I then stamped the car image and gold embossed it. I fussy cut that down and created a white background behind it. I green embossed one of the sentiments and added a gold embossed edge around it once I cut it down.


Finally, I pulled out a burlap tag and found a color coordinating felt tag holder (!!), I’d been hoarding, that I decided to use as both decorative and as a gift card holder. I had found that the car image fit on top of the holder. I started prepping the tag by first sewing a gold metallic thread border around it. I ran the edges of the tag over the green ink pad. Then, I gold embossed a second image and fussy it cut to down. I created another green embossed paper by stamping and clear embossing the paper and used that to create both the sentiment backing and some gear die cuts. I created gold embossed paper and made more gears with that. I assembled all the pieces, using a tacky glue with materials and runner tape with papers and added ribbon.




Such fun, and I love how this one turned out. I am really impressed also with the images in this SMAK kit... love that plaid especially. Well, hope you enjoyed this unique card and that it provides some inspiration for your next male card! Till next time, happy crafting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment