Saturday, May 2, 2020

Friends of Unity May Blog Hop

Welcome back to another Friends of Unity Blog Hop! For a fun change, we are honoring Angie Blom’s girls this month! I decided to use Warm Inside for the first card, and, for the second, Jess Girl along with a sentiment from April 2020’s SMAK Kit, Head Up, My Friend.

I used my Prismacolor pencils on both cards and some fussy cut patterned paper. For the first card, I stamped the image on light Kraft paper using InkOn 3’s Fadeout No Line ink. I used pencil colors coordinating with this new paper pack of mine, Coffee Time, from Laserowe Love (which I love).


For the second card, I used paper from Bo Bunny’s, Aryia’s Garden. I also stamped this image with the InkOn 3 ink. This time, I created a little background by adding watercolor stripes using oxide inks and spattered with Silver Glitter ink. I used round and rectangle die cuts, special ribbon and Gunmetal Embossing powder on this one. Of course, took a little license with this one by adding a mask.


Must admit, both of my images were inspired by current events. The first, reflects my too avid interest in reading the news daily with my coffee. The second, what I say to myself when donning my mask going shopping. Although, if I were honest... I should have added gray roots ;-) !Wonder how you’d depict your life right now? Hope you enjoy these Angie girl cards! Please stay safe and take a craft break when you feel like it. Better days are coming!

I will be doing a gift card giveaway this month, as I am avoiding the PO right now! So, to be eligible, remember to comment on every post in the hop! And now, on to the hop for some wonderful inspiration from this talented group of Unity lovers!

(You are here... Joyce)



62 comments:

  1. Lovely designed cards and nice showcasing of the Unity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and amazing as always. And now I think I need to make some watercolor backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alaine... and I got my inspiration from you!

      Delete
  3. Love how you made your Angie girls associate with today’s happenings. Love all the colors too ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! I love the paper and the way you colored them. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you have done with the Angie girls! Can relate to both of them for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love your work. I especially like the layouts this time how you incorporated patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Vannessa! I am a paper lover!

      Delete
  7. That first card is absolutely stunning! Your coloring is amazing! It doesn't even look like an image that was stamped. Your use of color, adding a pop of red, catches the eye perfectly. One of the most impressive cards I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ^^^What Meg said!! I am such a HUGE fan of yours Joyce!! Like Meg said, your Warm Inside girl doesn't even look like the stamped image! It's better! Love the 2nd card as well
    As always, thanks for sharing and inspiring me!!
    I am in awe of your creativity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Robin! Appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  9. Wow! Your first card is fantastic, I love everything about it!
    and love the second one as well (cute pants!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Glennis! I like the pants too!

      Delete
  10. Great cards Joyce! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all things coffee related so adore the first card. That paper is great - I can see why it's sold out right now. I love how you added a mask on the 2nd card; genius. Love the colors on that card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Becca! I do love my patterned paper!

      Delete
  12. Wow!! These are so amazing, Joyce!! Your first card looks like a portrait... stunning! And your second card is spot on for the times we are living! I love the addition of the mask! Perfection again, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Crystal! And for letting me be part of this amazing group of women!

      Delete
  13. Your cards are amazing. Such beauty!! I am just leaving a comment on your site. I wanted to say that all the cards in this hop are wonderful Not so with some hops. This hop is extraordinaire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carol! Appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  14. Your cards are always so lovely! My favorite this time is the first one because...coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both! The pop of red is just FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful coloring techniques! They both look real.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you did a wonderful job coloring both cards. I especially like the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stunning cards, my friend! No line coloring amazes me and your coloring is incredible! Both cards are so beautiful. Love your girls, coloring, and patterns. Thanks for the inspiration! Take care and be safe. My parents and Brother are there too and you're all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Kim! Hope you stay safe too!

      Delete
  19. I how you made this last card fit our current situation. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah Joyce, you are such a creative inspiration, always love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous coloring and choice of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow.. these are just fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you so much Angie! Your ladies are so fun to create cards with!

      Delete
  23. Wow! Your first card is stunning! I love the pop of red against the kraft. I love the addition of the mask on the second card. very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are a work of art and are just beautifully memorializing "today". Frame them, hang them and remember how strong and fragile we are. Stunning! Thanks and please continue to stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you very much, Carol! You too stay safe!

      Delete
  25. Awesome cards! Love the way you colored the images! Also a great addition with the mask!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow your coloring is amazing! Both cards are so beautiful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are both AMAZING Joyce! I love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love seeing your creations, and bothh of thes cards are amazing... as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your cards are both so beautiful and I love the shades of red that you use. They give these pop, while still feeling warm and cozy. The addition of the mask is so creative and up to date with what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love love love the coffee card!

    ReplyDelete