Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Family Love Card

Decided to paint and color the irises from Unity Stamp CO’sFamily Love kit. I tried to match colors to both Mintay’s Love Letters paper collection and the irises from my yard!



I began by stamping the image onto less expensive watercolor paper. When using cheaper paper, things can happen such as bleeding (pigment moving beyond painted lines), too quick blending (eliminating ability to create multiple hues), and quick drying (creating hard lines in shading when you’d rather have smooth transitions). Instead of using the wet on wet technique, I used more short strokes to add dimension. Fortunately, I used paler colors and added pencil and pen to smooth things a bit. However, the end result is definitely not a smooth painting, but...  I embraced the flaws instead of fighting it! I used InkOn3’s Fadeout No Line ink again on this one. I also took a little license and added beards to the flowers!

After I was done videoing my efforts (see video below), I fussy cut out the flowers. I backed the image with multiple die cut papers from the pad. I also stamped 3 sentiments, one on a small frame found in the pad, one on a paper from the pad, backed with scraps, and the 3rd inside the White cardstock. I clear embossed all the sentiments. I added a strip of paper and another small frame from the pad inside the card, and enamel dots and mesh ribbon on the card front.



Hope you enjoyed the creation of this card! Was a nice change in style from recent efforts. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are keeping well... and yes, this card is for my sister’s birthday! Again, you can watch the video directly from my blog or click on the word Youtube to see a larger frame view!


No comments:

Post a Comment