Friday, May 8, 2020

Whit’s Card Kit April 2020

Just squeezed in last month in picking up this cute kit! Loving the images and sentiments in this kit, the paper... and especially, the Nuvo Gilding flakes. I already own the copper flakes but I’ve been wanting to pick up the more versatile gold for awhile now! As you may already know, I had leftover acrylic Gelli plate prints and decided to couple one of them with this kit. Because I already had colors in the print, I used, primarily (the butterfly word paper and the charcoal sentiment background came from other pads), the Paper Studio Terrace Blooms paper. Also, I didn’t use the glue pen in the kit, because I’m trying to use up my almost dried up Tsukineko Glue Pad.


I began by stamping the butterflies using the glue pad on a pale blue worded old Authentique paper. I then sprinkled and patted the gold flakes all over the glue image... yes I know they are light and very nimble... don’t sneeze while doing this! I used a coarse round brush I’ve used in the past to burnish the flakes into the glue by using swirling motions. I then used my Gansai Tambi paints to add blue, gray and pink colors to the butterflies and then cut them out.


I gold embossed the sentiment on a darkly patterned gray paper and cut that down. I die cut all the other papers and layered them adding gold trimmed ribbon and gold crystals. I added the whole card front to a pink card and decided to embellish the pink envelope to match by stamping a butterfly in both Gina K pink and clear embossing ink, adding gold embossing powder over the clear and in some spots over the pink... love, love, love how the envelope turned out!


So glad I challenged myself to do this today! It’s a struggle for me to craft right now... so I’m just going with the flow. When I feel like it I do, and when I don’t I try not to feel guilty! Thanks for stopping by, hope you are all taking care of yourself. (Strange day today... it’s 94 hot here while my friends are getting snowed on in the Northeast! This too shall pass!). Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment