Thursday, March 12, 2020

Growth is a Process Card

Created another card using Unity’s March 2020 SMAK kit, Growth is a Process. This versatile kit can be used for many creations including tags, scrapbooking, art journaling and mixed media. Today, I decided to create a regular card using the butterflies stamp.

I started by stamping 4 Altenew pink and red inks onto my media mat, 2 at a time, spraying with water and pressing my watercolor paper into the ink, drying in between. I pulled out a butterfly stencil and using a brush added some butterflies randomly using the same inks. I then stamped in black ink and clear embossed the butterflies image. I took a Bo Bunny Washi tape kit and used it to create a frame around the image. I added Love from Lizi black strips, and strips of black and silver card stock. I added glitter inks and white pen to the butterflies.

I pulled out a vellum scrap, added glitter ink to one side and stamped the small butterfly on the other side of the paper, embossing with black powder. I fussy cut out the butterfly. I stamped and white embossed one of the sentiments on black paper, and clear embossed another onto white scrap paper. I die cut and fussy cut out the sentiments. I assembled the card, outlined with grey ink the sentiment on white and added crystal dots.



I like how this card turned out and the encouraging message. It’s fun to create these random hodgepodge cards and, I believe, also to receive them. Hope you like it as well! Till next time happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment