Saturday, March 14, 2020

Irises Card

Watercolored the pretty irises from Unity’s March 2020, Spring & Things, Kit of the Month.

I first stamped the irises on Arches Cold Pressed watercolor paper using InkOn3 NoLine Fadeout ink.  I then recorded painting the irises. From the video (besides at one point dunking my paper towel in the water), you can see I use the descriptive sheet from the kit to help in distinguishing features of the image. I think I got it mostly right.

Once I completed, I fixed a couple colored areas with white and blue pencil. I didn’t fuss with it much, because I wanted a fairly clean painting. I stamped a sentiment from the kit with Versafine black ink. Die cut the paper and backed it with plain blue card stock. I mounted it all on a silver card, added blue and yellow Gina K crystals and called this one done.


Hope you like this one! I love this image... so pretty, as is the rest of this kit. Well, I’ll sign off before the video... till next time, happy crafting!

NOW, FOR THE VIDEO:


2 comments: