Friday, February 14, 2020

Massive Peony Card

Stamped out the image from this beautiful Gina K Designs kit called Massive Peony using InkOn 3 Fadeout Noline ink. Have to admit, the flower reminds me a little of a rose and I started thinking of the beautiful Peace rose. I love this rose and had one back at our old house in Rochester, NY, and, of course, I have one here, in Cali! So, when I painted this flower I was thinking of that pink and yellow combo...  surely there exists a peony like it in color! Unfortunately, I can’t grow peonies here, so since I’m not looking, I’ll never know.

Anyways, I used my Schmincke watercolors on this. To tighten lines and deepen color a bit, instead of turning to Prismacolor pencils, I instead pulled out my Inktense Derwent watercolor pencils. I also used some colored pens. If you look at the picture I took in the middle of painting and compare the pinks, you’ll see the deeper effect I got after applying the pencil color. In case you are wondering, I applied the color by wetting my brush and picking up ink off the pencil, then painting that on. I spattered red paint, gouache white, and a gold and a white Perfect Pearls solution.


I found some matching patterned paper for backing and used crystals and twine for embellishments. I clear embossed with a brown ink, one of the pretty sentiments in this kit. Love how this one turned out.

I didn’t bother with a background color as painting a complex image like this takes time and I wanted to be done. Let me know if I should have to bring more balance to the design.  We, enough for tonight, till next time, happy crafting.



PS if you have not already subscribed and enjoy my artistic endeavors, I invite you to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment