Thursday, February 13, 2020

Take Time for Yourself Card

Have had this kit for quite a while and been longing to paint this stamp from Unity’s Love the Little Things 6/13 KOTM. I ended up pairing it with a sentiment from the Summer Celebration 6/19 KOTM.

Little vase collections, like this, make for a nice change in painting. Luckily, Unity has quite a few options with this style stamp. I had no color scheme in mind other than trying to change it up from recent colors. And having no event I needed a card for, I had no idea what I’d create... very freeing. I stamped the image with distress Antique Linen ink and began painting the leaves first. Since I seemed to move into a teal range, I then looked at my Schmincke gold, yellows and rust colors and ... the rest is history! I ended up using coordinating pens and stamped the sentiment in Sepia archival ink.

I happened upon coordinating patterned paper and after seeking advice from my crafty friends, selected a bold striped ribbon. I added coordinating enamel dots and a dark red solid paper for backing and called it done! The result, a simple card that I received pleasure from painting. The sentiment actually said it all!


Hope you like this one and I encourage you to try a little still life for a change. Till next time, happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could watercolor like this. I usually just use pencils. This is really gorgeous! Love the colors and the paper you chose too. I always think I should pick my paper first and then match it, but somehow never do! LOL Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete