Sunday, January 12, 2020

Picket Fence Rose Bouquet Card

Watercolored another card today using the Picket Fence Rose Bouquet Kit, with the intention of making my husband a nice Valentine card. I stamped the bouquet image using InkOn3’s Noline Fadeout ink onto Arches Hot Pressed watercolor paper. I then pulled out my Schmincke watercolors and started painting the leaves. I used a variety of greens on the leaves for the first coat, but then added more detailed painting, generally using a common paint blend.





I then began on the roses and after an hour started going cross eyed! I ended up dropping some paint on the paper, so I decided to just randomly add pink color to the background. I stopped there and reached out to my crafty friends for a “how am I doing” check in. I mentioned that I have a long standing love/hate relationship with painting roses... love the challenge, hate feeling like I’m losing the battle in getting them to look somewhat realistic! After getting a pat on the back, I went back to complete the painting and then took a break on a stationary bike. I then turned to my Prismacolor pencils and a green pen to soften the look and put an edge on the leaves. I ended up spattering the painting with Perfect Pearls, red paint, white Gouache and a Black Posca pen.



I found a patterned paper to offset the image from Simple Stories, called My Valentine. I used Gina K black paper for backing. I heat embossed the long sentiment onto vellum and wrapped it around the bottom of the image. I added black enamel dots and called this one done.


This card was definitely a challenge, but I’m glad I tackled it. Well, that’s it for today... have a good week! Happy crafting till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Your watercoloring on those roses is AMAZING! Truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete