Sunday, January 19, 2020

Penny Black Valentine’s Card

Took a bit of a break over the last week starting to minimize my home surroundings (I, a natural hoarder, have a ways to go still). It takes effort for me to get in the right mental state to let go of things, but it helped that I was getting a little claustrophobic with all the clutter (even posted stamps for resale in various swap groups! Yay!).

As I began digging out my craft room, I found this 2015 Penny Black set called All Abloom. It seemed the perfect set to create a Valentine’s card. I ended up coupling it with sentiments from another older set, the Hero Arts Celebrate Everyday set, and the Ton’s Sending Peonies set.

I started by stamping the heart image on Arches hot pressed watercolor paper using Antique Linen distress ink. I then used my Schmincke’s watercolors to loosely paint the image. I spattered the image with the red paint, a white Perfect Pearls and white Gouache. I used a Heart die set to cut down the image and backed it with papers from an old Valentine’s Day Recollections paper pad and the newest Simple Stories Valentine pad. I heat embossed the sentiments using Ranger White and green Wow powders and cut them down using coordinating scrap papers.


I used foam tape and little foam circles to aisle the heart and sentiments.After putting the card together, I left it as is, figuring the sentiments, images and papers were busy enough and didn’t need any other embellishment. I enjoyed putting this one together, and I loved painting the image! Hope you like this card and that you have a great week! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment