Saturday, January 11, 2020

Unity Succulent Card

Okay, so, I’m not sure if this stamp was meant to be a succulent or not, but I made it one! The stamp I used on this card came from Unity’s Inner Voice 9/16 SMAK KIT. I started by stamping the image onto Arches Hot Pressed watercolor paper using Tattered Rose Distress ink. I wanted to try a paper pack I picked up at an Expo, over a year ago called, Moda Scrap Sweet Vintage Rose. Pretty soft colors that I decided could be used to turn this stamp into a succulent... what do you think... was it one before I made it one?

I painted the image using my Schmincke watercolors, until I was satisfied I had a good enough color that I could turn to my Prismacolors, a white Posca pen and a gray pen to complete it. I spattered paint, Biscotti Perfect Pearls and white gouache all over it. I then stamped a sentiment, from Unity’s Open Your Eyes 11/18 SMAK kit, I thought went well with a succulent because I think their beauty is often overlooked. I die cut the image and the background paper and cut a dark blue paper to frame the image. To complete the card, I added string and enamel dots.


Well, now that it’s done, I’m not sure how I feel about this one! Colors are pretty vibrant... perhaps too vibrant and image and sentiment are rawer than the delicate background paper. But, I’ll let you all decide! As usual, my soul is calmed when painting, so I enjoyed the effort spent. And that is what crafting is all about, I think! I’ve tried to paint succulents in the past with amateur results in an art class. I think its fun to try to capture their colors.


Anyways, that’s it for today! Enjoy your weekend and happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. It looks perfect to me. I think the dark blue paper it's framed with plays well with the sentiment color. There is enough soft pink in the image to play well with the background paper. I really love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you used the BLUE in the upper flower card. So striking Joyce. Can you make your images larger - they usually have an option to make them extra large - if you right click on them. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete