Thursday, January 23, 2020

SSS January Card Kit Card

Made this card using SSS January 2020 Card Kit called Window Frames.

I started the card white embossing the window image onto watercolor paper. I then ink smooshed Worn Lipstick oxide ink spritzed with water onto the same Arches Hot Pressed watercolor panel. After drying I poured ArtC Pink and Brea Reese Crimson glitter inks on my glass matte, picked most of it up with paper towels and then spritzed the mat again with water to pick up a light glittery glaze. Finally, I sprinkled a little Merlot Colorburst powder on the matte and picked up that. I made sure the panel matched the Polkadoodles patterned paper in the kit.

After painting the image using the same mediums, I die cut the windows out. I then did the same with Kraft cardstock and cut it down to make a frame. I also cut a rectangle, out of Acetate, the size of the Kraft window and glued those 2 pieces together. I then glued that onto the watercolor paper. I used the cover sheet of the paper pack to create a variety of window backings. I used another sheet as the back panel and Kraft cardstock for the middle panel, upon which I glued the 3 window backings. I added the mini heart buttons and used narrow foam tape to create shaker windows.

Finally, I used a heart die and a sentiment from the kit on one of the small papers from the cover, a paper painted with the glitter inks and the remaining Kraft paper to create Love You heart embellishments. I used white and clear embossing powders, Gina K Kraft ink, and a red and pink archival ink. To finish the card I added a ribbon.


I love the color combos, and the techniques used, but it is a busy card! Well, tomorrow is another crafting day! So, till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment