Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Simon Say Stamp December Card Kit Card 1

So, went a little wild with Simon Says Stamp! this year; just loved both Christmas kits. Here’s my first gnomie card using the December 2019 Kit -  certainly not my style, but I fell in love with these cuties. I combined it with another new favorite of mine... Polkadoodles Ho Ho Gnome paper pad.


To begin, I pulled out a piece of Bristol paper and stamped and white embossed snowflakes across the top. I then cut up paper to create snow mounds and grabbed Tumbled Glass Distress ink and a Picket Fence brush and added ink to the top and layered snow mounds on the bottom. I then stamped the images on watercolor paper and painted them using distress inks to match the paper colors. I used a colored pencil for light shadows. I also added a layer of various Spectrum Noir Glitter inks in spots to make some parts sparkle. Finally, I used pens to create definition and fussy cut all the images.



To create the card, I used 2 papers from the pad and stamped the sentiment on white paper. Using a Gina K ink, I embossed the sentiment with Brutus Monroe’s Vintage Sparkle powder. Must admit, these were fun to color. Still learning how to place little images around a card, but this was a fun card to create. I can see why scenes are so popular! I decided to leave the card as is, as the embossed snowflakes are shiny, and the sparkly bits shine and that paper... GAH... I love it and done want to distract from it!



Well, enough for now... here’s hoping you have a great Thanksgiving and have fun Black Friday shopping (must admit, I’ve already begun!)! Till next time, happy crafting!



1 comment: