Friday, November 29, 2019

Gina K Peace and Joy Card

Was inspired by the paper behind this card to paint the cardinal in the Gina K Peace and Joy Kit. The paper is part of LDRS Creative Christmas Cottage collection. After trying a few things, I decided to paint the background by itself on cheap watercolor paper and add, after drying, Brea Reese Metallic White paste with the Snowfall stencil. I used my Schminke watercolors to color the background adding green paint in spots to hint of foliage.

I stamped the large image and then, back to back, the smaller foliage image twice on Arches Cold pressed paper. After watercoloring the image, I used pen and pencils to enhance the bird’s image. I fussy cut everything... although I ended up leaving white areas, not wanting to tear the soft watercolor paper. To fix that, I just watercolored the white areas and added some white Posca dots to make everything blend together. I cut the snowy background image down and backed it with a Gina K blue paper. I then mounted with foam dots the cardinal after cutting off one of the added images. I mounted the cut off foliage beside the cardinal.


To complete the card, I stamped the Joy sentiment from the kit on white scrap paper, die cut it and backed it with blue paper. I die cut the patterned paper, attached everything to a Gina K card and finished the card off with some enamel dots.


Well, that’s it for today! Hope you enjoy this card! Till next time, happy crafting!

5 comments: