Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Adornment Card

Watercolored another card using a great Unity background border stamp, Adornment. I began by stamping it onto watercolor paper using Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink. I then pulled out my Daniel Smith cards and Schmincke watercolors. I began each ornament by putting down a very light iridescent paint in the coordinating color and then added a darker color or two for shadowing. I sometimes added a second layer if the colors were too pale. I used the pan paints for the stripes and shadows. When done, I used gold and silver glitter pens and a black pen.

Adornment
Sentiment

I used a sentiment from the 9/19 KOTM, stamping it using black Versafine ink and embossing with Ranger Aqua Tinsel powder. I added black pen to shadow the sentiment. I spattered red, blue and white paints over the paper and added white Posca pen dots. I die cut the paper and added a teal and patterned paper to frame the image. Finally, I added a gold ribbon and crystals dots.



My only issue, I need to practice paint spatters... I either overdo it or not enough! However, my hands, tabletop and floor always look very well spattered! Need some tips... better watch some videos or if you have ideas, leave them below! Reminder, if you enjoy my art journey, add your email or follow me for updates! Till next time, happy crafting!

1 comment: