Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Gina K Ornament Card

Oh, my, spent all day playing with the ornament stamp from the Merry and Bright Gina K Designs Kit to see the kind of effects I could achieve. Finally, after 4 tries, I created cards out of 2 of the 4 attempts. Here are the Gina K Design kits I used:

Merry and Bright

Christmas Script

For the first one, I decided to try embossing the ornament with 3 shades of green. I wanted to match it to the paper that I wanted to use out of My Mind’s Eye Sugar Plum paper pad. (Yes, it’s discontinued, but, if you are like me, I’m sure you have beautiful Christmas paper you’ve been hoarding for that perfect moment.) I used a combo of Wow, Ranger and Zinc powders. I stamped the ornament with clear embossing powder and carefully pored each powder over a portion of the ornament. To make the ornament sparkle a little more I added Clear Spectrum Noir Glitter ink to the center of the ornament. I took a sentiment from the kit and embossed that on another paper from the pad using Ranger’s Liquid Platinum powder (one of my favorite powders). The glitter on the paper is neither silver nor gold, so this color is the perfect match! I backed the image and sentiment with a green scrap paper I had. I added ribbon and Prima crystals and called this one done!





For the second ornament, I used the Liquid Platinum embossing powder again, knowing I wanted to use the Craft Smith Shimmer Noel paper (yes, it probably is also discontinued, sorry)! This paper has a combo of gold and silver shimmery goodness. I selected a paper with a drapery design that I thought would complement the ornament and a gold matte paper. To make the ornament have apthe same silver/gold combo look, this time I used the Silver Spectrum Noir Glitter pen. I painted on a watered down silver darkening the ornament on the lower left side and lifting off some of the paint on the right side. After cutting down all the panels, I backed them with Gina K black card stock. I then used Hero Arts white ink to stamp the sentiment from the Christmas Script Kit onto the black paper and embossed it using another Wow powder, Metallic Silver Sparkle Embossing Glitter. I made this into a banner. I pulled the card together and just added clear crystals.





Okay, now I’m going to go back to see what everyone else created with this beautiful stamp. I know I’ve only scratched the surface of possibilities. As you can see, I love glittery Christmas cards! This stamp just seemed to call for a more elegant card.

Till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment