Monday, October 28, 2019

Spooky Simon Says Stamps Card

Picked up SSS’s Halloween kit because I loved the Spook Up Some Halloween Fun stamp set and some of the other items in the kit. I also recently picked up the SSS Spooky kit for only $6 in a recent sale... love the haunted house background stamp! Stamps:

Spook Up Some Fun

Spooky

So, I started by pulling out Seedless Preserves and Blueprint Sketch oxide inks and a piece of Bristol paper. I brushed on the pink/purple tone first and I wasn’t intending a full coverage knowing this background would show in the circle. I then inked up the sky area in the blue color. Finally I used Black Soot on the sky and bats. I used Gina K Black Amalgam ink on the house, bats and ground area. Finally, I stamped, in Versa-mark ink, the sentiment and white embossed it. To add a little something-something to the image, I added shading and window panes with pens! I also added Black Soot to the moon image in areas. After die cutting this piece, I ended up darkening the edges with the Gina K black ink.

On another sheet, I stamped the ghost and used my Prismacolor pencils to shade it. I then fussy cut that out. Finally, I used a gray paper from the kit to make the card base. I found some coordinating paper to back the house and another to place inside the card. I first embossed the Boo sentiment for the inside paper. I pulled all the pieces together, added black crystals, a leftover Spooky die cut (think it was a Tonic product) and an acrylic bat for inside and called the card done! So fun to make!



If I forget to say this... have a Happy Halloween! Till next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment