Thursday, October 24, 2019

A Special Baby Birthday Card

Can’t help smiling, my little grandson is turning 1 next week! What a joy... giggling, laughing and babbling all the time! I used Unity’s Fall Breeze, Bright Leaves Kit to craft a card for this little guy! I also pulled out a watercolor paper and some Color Bursts for the background and peripheral stamps, specifically, Marigold, Sunflower Sparkle and Merlot.


I started by adding Sunflower drops all over the outer edges of the paper and spraying with some water. I then added the other 2 powders, one at a time, spraying with water again. I dried the paper and added more color where I thought it needed it. Once dried completely, I stamped all the images on the paper using Gina K Amalgam ink and clear embossed them. I stamped and embossed the images again on another watercolor paper and proceeded to watercolor those.


I used and blended Color Bursts colors to get the colors I wanted for the leaves, flower bouquet, underside of umbrella, and bird. I painted the bunny using Daniel Smith watercolors. Finally, I fussy cut the images out and popped up the leaves and bird. I decided to pull in patterned paper by stamping the umbrella part of the image on an Authentique Bountiful paper and fussy cut that out. I pieced together the bunny parts onto the watercolor paper, added a few pen highlights, and cut  the paper down to size. I backed it with more paper and added some crystal dots and sequins.


Turning to the inside, I stamped a sentiment from the Hugs, Kisses and Birthday Wishes Kit and added a number “1“ from an old magazine kit. I also cut out a strip and some leaves from the paper scrap. I then outlined all using a brown pen. I pulled the card parts together and called it done!



I know... just can’t make a simple card for the life of me! Oh well, here’s hoping the little family enjoys the card! Till next time, happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment