Monday, October 28, 2019

Build a Snowman Card

Had dreams the other night about how I wanted to use Unity’s and Brutus Monroe’s collaboration kit, Sweadda Weadda! After having tried this once now... I have even more ideas! After creating the background using this kit, I decided to combine it with the snowman and sentiment from the 10/19 SMAK kit. Here’s the kit info:

Sweadda Weadda

Unity SMAK Kit 10/19

I began by stamping the background on Bristol paper using both London Fog Archival ink and Versamark black ink. I wanted a varied feel to the design. I then clear embossed it. I then used the Picket Fence blending brushes to blend on 2 different colors, again providing a varied look. I swiped a slightly wet towel over the top to remove ink from the embossed areas. I die cut the image and then blackened the edges. I added white pen to areas on the background for a little contrast. I ended up wrapping a black ribbon over the top.


I stamped the snowman on Kraft cardstock and embossed it with black ink to ensure a dark image. I tore the image out and blackened the edges. I then added a little of the same Gina K. color to the snowman plus a little white Starry Night paint to make it glisten. I stamped the sentiment on black paper using VersaMark ink and embossed it with an Aqua Tinsel embossing powder. I added some Posca dots and a few sticky snowflakes. I put the card together on gray cardstock and added grey sparkly crystals.


I definitely want to do more with these stamps, but this was a good learning start! Hope you enjoy this one!





No comments:

Post a Comment