Tuesday, October 22, 2019

October Unity ATC’s

Had fun this month creating Halloween and more Fall based ATC’s! First off, I started by cutting down paper from the Echo Park Hocus Pocus paper pack to ATC size. I then stamped the sentiment on black paper (and, yes, I will be eating candy and maybe sipping a little potion myself to enjoy the holiday this year!) using an orange/black embossing powder I received in a Love from Lizi Halloween Kit. This sentiment came from the ... Halloween Chatter Unity kit. I fussy cut that down as well as some potion bottles from the same paper kit. I then used a Hampton Art stencil to add spooky eyes to the top of the ATCS using opaque texture paste. Once dried, I went over the eyes again with Brutus Monroe Glow in the Dark Glitter glaze. I added pupils with a black pen. To pull the ATCs together, I first fixed some creepy web like stretchy string (?) to the ATC (from the Love from Lizi Kit). I added Washi tape, Brutus Monroe ribbon, the sentiment, the bottles and sequins and called them done. Not artistic, but fun!



Again, I experimented with the second ATC. I started by spraying a watercolor sheet with Glimmer Mists and an Altenew spray in reds and yellow. Using Stazon inks, I stamped red and green leaves from the 9/16 KOTM kit all over. I then added swirls from the Growing in Unity kit using orange ink and used the Chicken Wire Kit stamp with brown ink to fill in bare spots. After letting that dry, I added Champagne Gold modeling paste using a large Stencil Girl stencil over the whole sheet.




Once completely dry, I cut down the ATC’s. I then stamped and clear embossed the tree using brown Stazon ink from the 9/17 KOTM kit. I stamped the sentiment (9\16 kit) and embossed it with the dark Brutus Monroe Coffee Grounds powder to get the darkest impression. I then proceeded to have fun with a lot of pens, coloring the tree, outlining the background leaves, sentiment, and texture paste, adding the words, “love” and “fall” (my favorite season), and bordering the ATC. Finally, I darkened the edges and added crystal dots and called these done!



It is so fun and freeing to explore new products and techniques using ATC’s, as they are meant to be artistic endeavors. And the group I exchange with wholeheartedly endorses this philosophy! Luckily, Unity Stamp Co. has such a variety of stamps to choose from... from whimsical to artsy mixed media, there is never a need they can’t fill!

Till next time, happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful ATCs! I love making them myself and sometimes trade them on Swapbot.
    Mixed media are my favorite and yours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete