Tuesday, October 22, 2019

A Pumpkin Birthday Card

Still on a watercolor kick! This time I needed to combine my need for a birthday card with the already stamped out image of Unity’s Pumpkin Patch border background stamp! And being inspired by a blue pumpkin ATC creatively developed by Jeanie Marie Hays, I changed up the normal colors for this stamp!

To begin, I had already stamped out this image with Dried Marigold distress ink. I selected Daniel Smith watercolors for this card. I watercolored each pumpkin several times, leaving time to dry adjacent areas and layers. When done, I used several colored brown pens to delineate lines. I added white, orange, and blue spatters when I was done, and added more pops of dots in gold and white using Posca pens to finish the card off.

I embossed a sentiment from the Margaret Girl Kit and added coordinating pearl dots. I die cut and backed the paper with Kraft paper and a coordinating patterned paper.


Hopefully, the recipient will enjoy this seasonal birthday card as we celebrate her birthday this week! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. These pumpkins are stunning. I just wanna grab one off the page and put it on my front porch! So glad I inspired the colors. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this card on FB and I'm amazed, this is my favorite fall card I've seen this year! Wow! New follower!

    ReplyDelete