Wednesday, August 14, 2019

August Unity ATC’s

I went for 2 mixed media looks for the ATCs this month, however, I went about it quite differently. For the first set, I used patterned paper from the DCWV “the Dear Jane Stack” paper pad for both the base card and the heart image. The heart came from Unity’s Beautiful Elements Kit and the other stamps, the sentiment, scribble, script and stamp images, came from the 10/15 Just Magic SMAK kit. I used a combination of inks and embossing powders with the stamps. For the heart, I used pens to enhance the image. After stamping all the images, I cut the ATC’s to size and fussy cut the hearts. I added some alphabet ephemera from a couple My Mind’s Eye kits to each ATC according to the recipients’ first names. I then added 2 Washi tape strips, a crystal, and added black outlining with a pen and color to the edges.






The second set of ATC’s were started by stamping Antique Linen and Scattered Straw oxides onto a mat, spritzing it with water, and dipping the 8 1/2 x 11” paper into it. After drying, I cut the ATCS up. I then stamped a green oxide, Peeled Paint, onto a Stencil Girl Stencil, spritzed it with water before placing it on top of each ATC’s. After drying, I stamped the image from the Never Random Kit onto the ATC’s. I then took out some Art Anthology paints, and Ranger paints and stains and painted the image and parts of the background. To mute the background a little, I added white gesso. I stamped the sentiment out from the same kit and fussy cut them down. I added Black Soot streaks on the corners and blackened the edges. Finally, I pooled gel medium in the center of the flowers and added Vicki Boutin glitter mediums (a thick and a fine one). I adhered the sentiment and outlined it.




These were both fun to put together using different mediums. Hope you like them. Happy crafting till next time!

2 comments: