Tuesday, July 23, 2019

With Sympathy and Sadness Card

I needed to make a special card for a very close friend who just lost her father. I took my cue for colors from a fellow Unie who posted a great summer color scheme that I thought would also be appropriate for a summer sympathy card for a father. I used Stormy Sky and Antique Linen oxides, dipping the card into the ink and drying in between. I made the blues darker at top. I then added a little Brea Reese Neutral Grey Gliiter ink to my pad, spritzed it with water, and dipped the paper one final time.


After drying the paper, I embossed the image from the Beautiful Moments kit onto the paper. I then found solid coordinating, papers and die cut all 3 pieces. I brushed on a little more blue ink at the top and lightly added black to the edges. To make the butterflies stand out a little, I mixed a blue glitter ink with the grey one and painted part of the butterflies with that and the rest with the grey ink.



I stamped the sentiment from the Owl So Sad kit and embossed it with Liquid Platinum powder. I die cut it and backed it with black paper. I cut another white piece of paper matching the card size and hot gun glued a Tim Holtz weave to it on the side. I then adhered all the papers to that and then adhered that to the the card base. I added a lovely internal sentiment from the ...beautiful life, blessed memories kit, some sequins and crystal dots and called the card done.


Such a sad card to make but at least it was put together with love. Happy crafting till next time everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment