Thursday, January 17, 2019

Heart Rose Card

I recently happened upon this heart shaped rose when looking for a background stamp. I stamped it and was intrigued, promising myself I’d go back and use it. I also just recently bought a new palette, knowing I needed to replace the busted up one I used to hold my tube watercolors. So, starting fresh, I filled up the palette with the 8 colors needed to make any color I needed. I also created a black color (from the almost perfectly complementary colors, Alizarin Crimson and Pthalo Green). Now I was itching to watercolor!


I had a blue, dark blue, peach and gray color scheme in mind. So, I started by stamping the rose from Unity’s 9/15 SMAK kit onto watercolor paper. I then stamped a few of the branches from the same kit using gray archival ink again. I then proceeded to paint the image after mixing the colors I needed in various hues. I decided to add a peach color in the background, so I pulled out Tattered Rose distress ink and stamped a few background branches from another stamp in the kit. I then pulled a heart freebie I received recently, from the In Love kit and stamped that around with Hickory Smoke. Finally, I inked the edges and die cut the paper.

I found a Bo Bunny paper I could use as a base and a matching ribbon. I then decided to try to use the heart stamp, Tattered Rose ink and the shape as the sentiment base. I pulled the sentiment from the Feather Soft Love kit and silver embossed it. I then stamped the heart over that and fussy cut it out and inked the edges using another distress ink. To finish the card, I used a Heidi Swapp ephemera Kit I picked up at a Tuesday morning store and some clear crystal dots.


This card turned out more artsy, as, for example, I embellished the rose with my own highlights and I used a non-traditional sentiment shape and ephemera. I was unsure about this one, but I had fun and it seems, once I start something, I have to finish it! So it will get used!


Well, till next time, happy crafting!

2 comments: