Friday, January 18, 2019

Flower Heart Bling Card

For awhile, I’ve been wanting to try coloring up the hearts from Unity’s KOTM kits. So, I, finally, pulled out the heart from the 10/15 KOTM and stamped it using a rose Archival ink. I selected some red and cool gray Prismacolor pencils, put on my recently downloaded pop music and began coloring. I really just pleasantly zoned out for awhile completing the heart. I added a few highlights using a white Posca pen.


I decided to use my silver bling cardstock I picked up at Tuesday Morning...heck, why not? I then started looking through my Valentine paper pads and found a plushy pattern that appealed to me and die cut that. I wanted to back my colored image with a gray heart, so, I found a gray paper and die cut a heart out. As I experimented with a design, I decided to embellish the gray paper. I pulled out a stencil and a Brutus Monroe Silver Glitter Glazc and added a glitter design to the gray heart. I also cut out a heart shape from white tulle and sprayed that with pink, red and silver sprays.


To complete the card I stamped a pretty background vine stamp with hearts from the 1/15 KOTM using Hickory Smoke ink on white paper. I then stamped the sentiment from the same kit. I pulled  the card together adding red/white string and silver sequins.


Hope you like this card, as I’m pretty pleased with it! Until next time, happy crafting!

4 comments: