Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Knight in Shining Armor Card

Bought this kit, Unity’s 12/18 KOTM in a swap FB group, specifically for this stamp! Always loved coloring in coloring books as a kid, and I was itching to ink this up and get out my Prismacolor pencils. I, of course, had my hubby in mind for this card!

I began by stamping the image with a Colorbox gold ink. I then sat down, relaxed, zoned out, and just colored the image. I then started looking around for paper I could pair it with and decided to use a DCWV pad, The Primrose. I love the sparkly grey diamond paper. In looking at the image, I decided I wanted to tone down the white background. I pulled out Hickory Smoke ink and Unity’s Ledger stamp and stamped around he image. I also pulled out a random, dotted image that I could add a pale green and yellow distress ink to. I inked up the sides of the image and the paper from the pad I thought could back the image.

For embellishments, I decided on 2 ribbons, a rusty organza and a Tim Holtz tweed. I found a crown brad I thought would go. And finally I pulled out a Bo Bunny die I recently picked up deeply discounted. I used one of the crowns on 3 different colored papers and glued them together. Finally I added gray crystals.


I really like how this one turned out, and hope you do too! If you enjoyed this post, please click on the Follow button or the Follow by Email button for the latest posts! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I really love this card - the design, the subject matter is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Mix It Up!

    ReplyDelete