Wednesday, January 23, 2019

January 2019 Artist Trading Cards

This month I was in a very mixed media mood and since I’m in holiday withdrawal, I decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day early... bring on the hearts! The first ATC is very conventional! I used the following kits from Unity and various products: 




The following pics show the products I used. Briefly, I sprayed an 8 1/2 x 11 mixed media paper with the silver and pink sprays. I then stamped the large heart all over using Versafine black ink and the alpha stamp using the Memento Luxe ink. I used the same ink to stamp the sentiment. I then cut up the paper into 10 ATCs. I then attached 4 ATCs to my mixed media glass and laid a stencil over the 4. I used Brutus Monroe silver glitter on the insides of the doily and with a craft knife added the pink Raspberry Ice glaze. I did that to all 10 ATCS. I then added drops of white distress stain. I die cut hearts out of patterned paper. I stamped the love heart all over pink paper and stamped the smaller heart and embossed it with gunmetal Powder.  I also die cut those out. I cut out the sentiment, added silver pen to the edges and adhered the pieces to each ATC to make sure the background showed up well (each came out differently). Finished with toile and Brutus Monroe sequins.



For the second ATC, I really wanted make an unconventional heart based card. I used the following products:




I started, as usual, spraying the same type paper with yellow and blue sprays. I then stamped a few background stamps (which probably can’t be see) all over. I cut up the ATCs and added torn pieces of ephemera to each and then some then Washi tape. I then dribbled a dark blue ink from Art Anthology down the cards (because there’s so much yellow in the background the blue became more blue green.). I didn’t like how dark the blue became so I lightened it a little with some matte medium. I then too a Dylusions random heart stamp and used rust and gold colored glazes to add hearts around each ATC. I stamped the sentiment in teal, masked it and added the girl image in orange. I colored her with a mixture of pencils and pens. I wanted her to have excessively vivid orange/red hair to pair with the sentiment and background. I added a coordinating braid with a heat gun and some sparkly stickers.


Pretty happy with how these both turned out and I just love playing with all the mediums. At least I know they are one of a kind sets! Happy crafting till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Always gorgeous! Thank you once again for sharing your fantastic creations. ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, thank you so much for being a follower! Glad you enjoyed these!

      Delete