Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Bo Bunny Paper Card

After finding the Bo Bunny Christmas in the Village paper pad at Tuesday AM, I really wanted to make a card using it. This pad has a lot of non-traditional holiday colors in pretty papers. So, looking through the pad and my stamps I decided to try pairing the pine cones and sentiment from Unity’s 9/15 KOTM to a yellow pine cone paper. I also thought Kraft paper might look good.

So I stamped the image on Kraft with Coffee archival ink and stamped the sentiment using a darker brown Gina K ink. I colored the image using Prismacolor pencils trying to stay close in tones to the paper. I also added a red shadow to the sentiment. I played with dies to frame the image and used another green paper as the foundation. I added sticky green strips inside the frame and green ribbon to the corners. After adding sequins, I originally decided to stop there. But then I started thinking about creating a watercolor using these stamps and some others to mirror the paper, which would mean adding a snowflake, some berries, and maybe, flowers. At that point, I remembered I picked up a Penny Black die cut at a store closure that had berries in it and I could add those to my card. Tried it and liked it! I’ll share both for you to decide! (Though, I still may try doing the watercolor.)




Well, thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment